Sign in to follow this  
Hagar

2019 State of The Unit for TCG's 75th Ranger Regiment

1 post in this topic

Good Afternoon Rangers,

First off, Happy New Year!! I hope all of you had a great holiday season, and are ready for 2019! I know that for me, I achieved a lot of goals in 2018, both in my professional and personal life, and I hope I can keep up that progress for myself in 2019.

I wanted to take some time, as I did last year, to reflect on how 2018 went for the the 75th Ranger Regiment, as well as lay out some of our goals for 2019.

2018 has indisputably been the strongest year for our unit since its inception in 2016, and has arguably been TCG's most successful since we started over 8 years ago. The unit has grown exponentially in size, especially over the last 3 months, and we are the biggest we have ever been. For the first half of December before the holiday season really started, we were setting a new attendance record nearly every campaign operation, and even through Christmas and New Years we were managing over 40 people on for main campaigns. We have successfully grown a unit that consisted of a single rifle squad and a detachment of 5 pilots into a company of 50 active duty soldiers across 4 rifle squads and HQ elements, and a cav detachment of 11 officers. 

That is unprecedented for us, and it's because of the commitment of each and every one of you that we have managed to achieve the success we did, which I have no doubt will carry into 2019. 

We also achieved a lot of progress behind the scenes. S-1 was able to identify new recruiting methods and restructure some of our procedures and paperwork to help make sure that we are recruiting and retaining everyone we can. S-3 completely rewrote their training packages and redesigned our curriculum to make sure we were getting everyone the information they needed as clearly and quickly as possible. S-1 and S-3 have worked together to make sure that we are being as attentive and flexible as we can with recruits to make sure they can make it to a basic, no matter their schedule. And S-5 has been able to re-organize their team and rethink their mission planning and execution techniques to create quality content for us 4-5 times a week.

All of this has made a difference in getting us where we are, but the one immeasurable achievement that I have seen this year, that I personally believe has made more difference than anything else, is that we have finally become a community. Squad level NCO's have done a brilliant job of developing camaraderie with everyone in their squads. Individual members have gone above and beyond to create and run mini-ops to make sure that we're giving everyone in the unit something to do here almost every day of the week. And all of you have made the decision to make this your home, to hang out with each other on teamspeak and play games in unit channels, to be active in discord and get to know your fellow squad-mates, and to reach out to new recruits to make them feel welcome. All of this has made our unit more than just something to do for 2 hours on Wednesday and Sunday nights, and the effect this has had on our recruitment and retention has been outstanding. 

So I want to thank you all for your contributions to success in 2018! Because of all of this, we have been able to put even more changes in motion coming into the New Year that I think will keep us going forward. You can expect to see the introduction of Advanced Medical at the beginning of our next campaign. We will be setting up a selection process for a Forward Observer team that will give more options to ground forces and add depth to our combat. And, if all goes well, we will be opening a second platoon under second company!

There is so much more we hope to do, and we can't do it without your continued support. So, again, thank you all for a successful year, and I can't wait to see where 2019 takes us!

Rangers Lead The Way!

Captain Matthew Hagar

Company Commander

Joint Operations Manager

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online